Please pick up your phone, make about a minute video of you talking about what matters most to you about your births or what needs to change in maternity care. If you don't want to be on video, then point your camera toward a baby picture, favorite image, or words on a paper while you talk. Please share your story and your thoughts so we can keep childbearing families at the center of our planning meeting. More details below-
On May 11-13, midwives, childbearing families, midwife students, midwife educators and policy makers are coming together during the 2018 CPMSymposium at the William F. Bolger Center in Potomac, Maryland to plan how to make midwives accessible to all people having babies, especially those most in need of this care. We are committed to bringing the voices and perspectives of people having babies – your voices – into this planning event.
We want to hear from you directly so that your voice and
your experience can help to guide this work.
To make this possible and bring your voice into the Symposium, we are inviting you to make a one-minute video about your experience of having a baby and send it to the planning team for the CPM Symposium. Your videos will be shared on a “Gallery of Voices” on the 2018 CPM Symposium Website. You can send your video anytime between now and May 5th to have it included in the “Gallery”. Symposium participants can then watch your videos and center your perspectives and experiences in their work at the Symposium.
This event is sponsored by the National Association of Certified Professional Midwives (NACPM), along with midwife educators (Association of Midwifery Educators), consumers (Citizens for Midwifery) and the National Association for the Advancement of Black Birth (NAABB- Formerly ICTC), a national association of Black midwives and doulas.
Video Submission Instructions:
- Names are not required in your videos. But if you use names, please only use first names.
- Submit your 1-minute video by posting it to the platform of your choice: such as YouTube, Facebook, Apple iCloud, or Google.
- Send your video link to Tiffany Pertillar at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 5, 2018. In your email please tell Tiffany which question number below you are answering in your video.
Please Answer One of the Following Questions:
1. What is most important to you about your experience of giving birth?
2. Were you able to access and receive the kind of care you wanted or needed for your pregnancies and births? What barriers did you experience in accessing the kind of prenatal or birth care you needed or wanted?
3. What changes are needed to improve access to Certified Professional Midwives' care for more families having babies in the US?
4. What is your hope for childbirth in the future?
Invite Others to Submit Videos Too
Please spread the word and let others know: The CPM Symposium partners would love to hear childbearing families' birth stories, hopes, and voices. Visit the CfM Blog for more information and instructions on how to submit a video by May 5th.